Hail Damage To Your Vehicle? Here’s What You Need To Do
If you live in a place where hailstorms occur frequently, you know how they can damage a car. Here are a few tips to help you fix at least some of the damage caused to your car by hail so that you don’t have to spend a lot on professional repairs.
- Park where it’s sunny. As metals expand when heated, there is a good chance that the heat generated by direct sunlight will cause at least a few dents on your car to pop out.
- Try using hot water. In case you cannot find a sunny spot, make use of hot water. Boil some water in a kettle and carefully pour it over the dents. This may help them to pop out.
- Hair dryers can work wonders. Use a dryer at about 5-7 inches from the dents for around 2 minutes. Do not take it any closer to the dents as this may cause burns and leave marks on the car.
- Apply dry ice. The sudden change in temperature caused by using dry ice may cause the dents to pop out. However, be very cautious when handling dry ice to avoid bodily harm to yourself and others around you.
- DIY kits may help. The DIY kits available in the market provide you with suction and glue guns to repair dents. If you manage to follow the instructions properly, you may get some positive outcome.
- Call the experts. While you may achieve success to some extent, there will still be certain complicated dents for which you will need professional help. Call for their assistance and they will take care of the rest for you.
Sources of Reference: